Frequently Asked Questions
Use 3 or less links in a topic to avoid your messages from not being accepted. We have set this limit for now to prevent some initial spam.
When replying to posts, take your time. Very fast replies to many different topics are not good for the quality of the discussions and are often an indicator of a spam bot. Which we will have to limit or block.
Personal Safety & Privacy
Some tips when interacting with users on our site to help you stay safe at all times:
- Do not share private contact information in posts or comments. If you want to discuss something directly with another user, send them a Private Message in stead.
- Do not post content that you do not want to be public. Our site is publicly available for everyone and you should assume that your public posts can be read by anyone. Your private messaging with others users is of course full secure and encrypted with the highest standards.
- Do not share unnecessary personal information. If you are in doubt about any request from another user, please contact us first to assist you.
- Before you agree to meet anyone offline that you connected with on our platform, make sure you check their person and information properly. Make sure you fully understand who they are and that they are who they say they are.
- Report any inappropriate, unsuitable or illegal activity on our site to our team by sending a message through our contact form. We will take appropriate action right away.
When in doubt or if you have any questions about this topic, please reach out to us through our contact form or to one of our team members.
Unclaimed Profile / Account
We work hard to create transparency and accuracy for all information published on OTGS and pro-actively take action to remove confusing, misleading or incorrect information.
A user is able to create and own Events and Music profiles without necessarily being the rightful owner of the event or piece of Music. A user is also able to add the name of an Artist or Record Label to OTGS, upon which we create an “unclaimed” account setting OTGS as it’s owner. As soon as the rightful owner asks us to transfer the ownership and can prove ownership rights, we will start the ownership transfer process. The steps are:
- Validate request of new owner
- Block respective account if step 1 has a positive outcome
- Inform current owner about claim and offer chance to discuss
- If no dispute, we will transfer the account to the new owner and notify the current owner.
If you want to claim an existing profile / account on OTGS, you can contact us, providing the following details:
- The URL to the profile you want to claim
- Briefly explain why you believe you are the correct owner for the profile
- Your email
- Your phone number
Besides these details we ask you to send us a DM from any of your other Social profiles for verification purposes. You can find our Social profiles in the footer of the homepage.
When adding tracks, mixes and other audio to our site, you can select the type of audio you are adding. The benefit of doing so is that we can show very specific and relevant types of audio to targeted users. Think for example; private tracks for record label submissions or mixes for users that just want to enjoy a good set.
The choices you have and what they mean on our platform:
- Available for signing – This indicates that you are interested in signing the track with a record label.
- DJ Mix – This is a mix recorded in a studio or live setting. Many users love listening to mixes while working (the OTGS team for example 😉 ).
- Label Release – A track released with a record label.
- Live Performance – A recording of a live performance.
- Preview – A preview of a track, normally short, up to a a few minutes only, to give an idea of what your track is going to sound like. Great for asking for feedback to others.
- Private – A private track that is not shown anywhere on the site and is only accessible by a direct link (that you can share with others, for example record labels). This feature supports SoundCloud private tracks, just make sure you use the private embed URL in this case.
- Self Release – A track released and promoted by the artist, without signing it to a record label.
If you want to search specific types of audio, you can do so by going to our browse pages and use the filter.